FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are your classes convenient?
We have many classes every day. Please refer to the schedule for current class times. When our
classes are not going on students are welcome to use the mats, bags, or our weight room and
I do not want to get hit and or spar. Is that going to happen here?
If you don’t want to spar, don’t. Sparring isn’t for everyone, especially people who aren’t
comfortable doing it.
Can I borrow equipment?
We have loaner equipment for trial members of JG MMA.
All students should have their own equipment within 2 weeks of joining our School.
What should I know before trying class the first time?
The first time entering any School can be a very intimidating experience. Here is a list of things
to do and things not to do and what to bring.
1. Athletic attire (shorts and t-shirt), bottle of water and photo ID.
2. Positive attitude. This is not going to be easy. This is not running on a tread mill. It’s
going to be challenging, especially on the first day. No one is particularly splendid on
their first day of classes.
3. Your parent with you if you are under 18
Nice to have:
1. We have loaner equipment for every class for guests. However, if you have your own
equipment (boxing gloves, gi, etc.), please bring it.
2. Change of clothes.
3. Flip flops, sandals, etc. We require students to wear flip flops and/or sandals when off the
mats at all times.
What to do:
1. Check your ego at the door. People here are very nice, patient and helpful. We promote
a friendly team atmosphere. If your goal is to be the tough guy/girl here then please find
2. Practice good hygiene. Bathe/wear deodorant/wear clean clothes.
3. Arrive 15 minutes before the class start time.
What makes JG MMA’s Fitness Kickboxing classes different from cardio kickboxing or Tae Bo classes?
Our classes are taught by professional fighters and martial artists. We teach the same movements
and drills that our fighters use to prepare for competition. You train on a Muay Thai style heavy
bag which adds resistance to the workout. This is one of the most effective ways that we have
found to get in shape and have fun while doing it.
How do I get started?
Call us at (513) 425-8100 to make an appointment to try a free class on us.